Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Prayers please

I hesitated to write this entry, but have decided the more prayers we have right now, the better.

Last week, I started spotting. When I went in on Thursday, my doctor thought I was nuts and couldn't find anything. Then, Friday night/Saturday morning, it became extremely heavy with a lot of "cramping." I finally called at what I thought was a more decent hour (5 am) and was told to get to the hospital. Of course, on our way, it slowed way down.

I realize this is my fourth pregnancy and I should know what contractions are, but I really don't. The last time I actually had any to remember was thirteen years ago. With the triplets, they were all in my back and massive, but did no real damage. So, when I had cramping, I thought it was just cramping. When they hooked me up, they realized nope, it really was contractions. I thought they were about 20 minutes apart, turns out they were 3-5 minutes apart. I was told that my doctor wanted to have me monitored for a few hours and some bloodwork, then he would come in to see me.

In the course of the next several hours, the bleeding really, really slowed down and the contractions spread out to every 10-12 minutes. When he came in, he saw the bleeding, but still couldn't find where it was originating. He is sure it is a small tear in the placenta, but he can't find where. I suppose that's a good thing, because it isn't big enough to find.

Because we were able to control the bleeding and the contractions (and my cervix doesn't work), he has decided to wait to deliver. I am only just over 36 weeks, so the longer little Miss can stay put, the better.

Since Saturday, I have had more heavy bleeding every day for several hours a day. When it isn't heavy, it's light, but it's constant. I have called him, like I was instructed to. I am supposed to monitor movement and make sure she is still moving. So far, she is. I go back in tomorrow for another regular check up.

This is very scary to me and I do not like it. It has been very stressful and I am seriously wishing this pregnancy would be over. That is not like me...I love being pregnant and while I am so excited to meet her, I want to meet her healthy and not early. But the stress is getting to me. I have prayed and prayed, leaving it to God, but that is difficult. I would appreciate your prayers for a healthy baby and as uneventful rest of the pregnancy as possible.

3 comments:

dmarie1975 said...

So sorry to hear what you are going through. Sending a big hug and prayers your way.

And oh my goodness... read about your little guys escape and I would have been terrified. Though, such an escape in my neighborhood would have been REALLY scary since we don't live in the greatest neighborhood. Not that Jayden ever wanders far from me. She's permanantly attached I think some days. But nonetheless...glad they are ok.

Anonymous said...

My Prayers are definitely with you and "little Miss"-

Love you!

Mom/Grandma

Anonymous said...

Praying Trista! I would feel better with both of you being monitored in the hosp - - - Keep us in the loop please!

Love,
Gina