Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Things are still going well here. We have been very busy all of the sudden with the babies. At most times throughout the day, at least one of them is awake. So we are not getting much time to do anything else but that is OK. I am not sure if this was a fluke or not...I think it was...but Ethan rolled last Friday...TWICE!!! They were doing tummy time and Ethan really doesn't like being on his tummy, but doesn't complain too much. Noah doesn't like it and grunts through it and really pulls his head and legs way up. Nathanial just falls asleep every time I put him on his tummy. Ethan decided that it wasn't working for him and whipped himself onto his back! I was flabbergasted and really thought it was a fluke, so put him back on his tummy. He did it again! At that point, I ran for the camcorder, but of course, the battery was dead and I can't find the charger (ugh!). He hasn't done it since, but he will wiggle himself all the way in a half-circle trying to do something. He is such a wiry little guy I think that's why he was able to do it. At any rate, it was fascinating to see!We have gotten out with the babies quite a bit lately and it is really nice. I have been able to get to MOPS again twice, which is so nice! And we have taken them to Wal-Mart a couple of times, various doctor appointments three times (2 for me, 1 for Austin), Target, the furniture store to get a new mattress (finally!) and on Monday, we attempted "eating out," which was Wendy's. We wanted to go to a "real" restaurant, but were nervous about trying that just yet, so settled on Wendy's. It went surprisingly well. We do get stopped a lot by people, but that is OK. No stranger has tried to touch them while we are in public, so that makes me happy. Yesterday was a beautiful day here so we were outside most of the day. We went for a walk on Monday with Megan and her cousin Kirstin and that went well, so I was ready to brave it alone Tuesday. We went in the morning for a "quick" walk to run errands...that turned into 2.5 hours! Voting was the worst part because it was so busy. I really wasn't expecting that at 2:00 in the afternoon. We were stopped A LOT by people, but that was OK. It felt so good to get out! Then we were home for about an hour and Mary (our heaven-sent neighbor) came over to ask if we wanted to walk to school to pick up Austin and Mason with her. So we did. Then we were home about another hour and Andrea and AJ stopped by and we went on a walk with them. It was sooo nice to get out in the fresh air and the babies were so good in their stroller! I'm sure we are quite the site, with Aidan on his scooter and the massive "train" stroller, but people will get used to it soon hopefully! I go back in again to Dr. Hintz on Tuesday for another check. He checked my incision a week ago and it was still open in three spots, so he opened it all back up and put on Silver Nitrate. I am not sure what that was for, but he said that it would hopefully speed up healing. He kept looking at me and asking me if he was hurting me and I couldn't figure out why. I was VERY glad that the area is still numb when we got home and Steve informed me he had pulled open the incision. I wondered though because he said he was doing something, but he mumbled, and just asking if he was hurting me spoke volumes. So, hopefully it will be better by then, but Steve doesn't think it looks much better. At least it doesn't hurt!The boys go back to see Dr. Troy at 2 months. That seemed so far away, but now it is only 2.5 weeks away! I am anxious to see what they weigh because they have all gained, I can tell by looking at them!

No comments: