Friday, January 15, 2010

Delurk for Haiti

I have been struggling with what to say about Haiti and I came up with something earlier, but that will have to wait. I have been praying for all of the people who have died or been injured or were in Haiti at the time of the earthquake. Praying for all of the rescue workers. Praying for understanding, peace, and God's love to shine through this disaster. Then I came across Brittany's post this evening (at 4 Little Men and Girly Twins) and I thought this idea was brilliant.

Here's the plan:

For every single comment I recieve on this post, our family will personally donate $0.25 to a rescue effort (most likely World Vision, but if our church starts a fund we may choose that one...I'll let you know what where we are giving after Sunday services) to help the people of Haiti. If you visit 4 Little Men and Girly Twins, you can comment there and follow other links to comment. Imagine the impact we can make!!

So, if you've never commented here - or if you do all the time - NOW is the time to comment!

24 comments:

Jena said...

Such a nice idea, Trista! As a plus I get to see some adorable pics of the kids- my have they grown!

Tracy said...

Beautiful family and we are happy to support this cause.

Candace said...

It is so devastating... praying for the people of Haiti.

Anonymous said...

I just jumped over from Brittney's blog. I too am offering money for every comment so be sure to comment on mine too.
Little by little we can make a difference!
http://fireflyphotojewelry.blogspot.com

Mama Bear said...

I'm commenting! A generous idea for a wonderful cause.

Amanda said...

Popping over from Brittany's blog, I'm also doing this at my place. What an idea!

Kristi said...

Praying!!

KWick said...

This is a great idea Trista! We made a donation of our own as well, but it just never seems like enough. My heart breaks for those people and I'm glad to be a part of someone else's efforts to help as well!

Homegrown Tribe said...

Thanks for joining in! This is the first time I've been to your blog... you have 4 little men too! And twins?

praying for haiti!

Britt

Homegrown Tribe said...

I miscounted the boys... does this count as another comment. {Grin}

I'm still trying to figure out who are the multiples. :)

britt

Brandi said...

Great idea! I usually read your blog through my Google reader so I don't visit or leave comments but this time I figured I should. :)

MollyinMinn said...

Thank you for your efforts! We are doing a similar effort on our blog this weekend (30 cents for comments and $1.50 for new Facebook fans and followers)...so if people want to extend their commenting love further, please stop by.

Ann said...

Thanks for doing this- praying!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea - Praying with you!

Gina

Calonder Crew said...

{I'll count my own comment, also!}

Thank you sooo much for all who have commented so far...praying for lots more!

Brittany...awesome to see you on my blog! We have five boys, one girl. The multiples are triplet - Nathanial, Ethan, and Noah. I just realized my side pics are really outdated and I need to work on updating them!

Thanks again everyone....keep commenting!!

Pam said...

You are doing a wonderful thing! Awesome. Thank You

Anonymous said...

hello!

Cindy said...

Thank you! You are a blessing to those in need.

Anna Newman said...

Here from Brittany's blog

p said...

Have been reading for a long time, first time to comment but good reason to now!

Edabelle said...

Let's pray for the people from Haiti.

Donna said...

Yeah for joining this great cause.
Found you from 4 Little Men and girly twins!!

Hoping hubby will like this idea and I can join in too!!

Jamie said...

Yay! Good for you! I'm joining the delurk party too at my blog. Hope you're able to raise lots of money!

trooppetrie said...

what a neat idea