Friday, February 29, 2008

A Beautiful Woman

A few days ago, a wonderful and beautiful woman left this earth far too early, leaving behind three precious children and a lot of people missing her. Her name was Helena Kemp. I never had the pleasure to meet Helena in person, and I now wish I had. I knew her first through my PCOS moms list. I had been on the list when she joined, after the birth of her triplets, Jonathon, Madison, and Zoe. She was an incredible woman and I admired her greatly.

When I discovered I was expecting triplets, she was right there, ready and willing to help me in any way she could, even though miles separated us. She gave me priceless resources and was a wonderful role model for me. She honored me with a blog award in October, "You Blessed Me." It means a lot to have that from her...I had no idea I made an impact on her life, not near as much as she has made on mine.

About two years ago, her husband, Andrew, passed away unexpectedly. My admiration for Helena grew immeasurably by how she handled his death. We all try to avoid the thought of losing our spouse, especially when we are so young and have young children. She was an amazing woman, taking care of three children, some with special needs, and how she handled things for them.

Helena passed away on February 21 of complications following surgery to correct an aortic aneurysm. I am still having a very hard time adjusting to this. I cannot believe she is gone. I cannot believe I will never read another of her e-mails or blog posts. She was an amazing woman and she impacted many, many lives. She will be deeply missed and forever loved by many.

There are a few websites for her. Her personal blog, which is still up (I'm not sure how long it will be) gives you amazing insight into the woman who was Helena and greatly and deeply she felt for her husband, her children, and her God. That is www.thriceblessedmomma.blogspot.com. The other ones are new memorial sites that friends have started for her family and children, so they know how much she impacted all of us. The first is www.thriceblessedmommy.blogspot.com and the other is http://helena-kemp.last-memories.com/.

This has been an awakening to me. We do not know how long we have on this earth and have no idea when we are going to go. Please let your loved ones KNOW how much you love and care for them.

2 comments:

Ladonna said...

Trista,

Thank you for saying what my heart feels. I ache for Helena; yet, she was only in my life through the internet. You're right--she was beautiful; I'll always carry her memory in my heart.

This tragedy reminds me to tell you and others how much your friendship means to me. Thank you for sharing pieces of your life with me, too, Trista. As you described Helena's generosity towards you as you embarked on the journey of triplets, so have you guided me through Samuel's diagnosis. Thank you.

Gina Marie said...

Beautiful post Trista. . . .

(((HUGS)))

Gina