Friday, February 22, 2008

Looking for beauty...


Sometimes, in the dead of winter in Iowa, it can get a little hum-drum. All I really want right now is spring...and I think that I am probably not alone. We have had snow storm after snow storm, with a few blizzards sprinkled here and there for fun this year. Every day, as I wade to the front door between piles of snow up to my mid-section (literally), I wish once again for spring to hurry up and get here! Today, however, I noticed something stunning (in my opinion) near our front door. I actually noticed it the other night, but thought it was a figment of my imagination. It's a huge ice sculpture in one of our front bushes. It's caused by all the somewhat "warm" (20 degrees) temps in between all the below zero freezes and the water that falls off the porch roof onto that bush. It is pretty, though, and right now, that's what I need.

No comments: