Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Seven Months!!

I cannot believe that Hannah is seven months old! I'm actually a tad late in this one, because she was seven months old a couple of weeks ago. I was trying to get the perfect picture of her, and it wasn't working, so I'm going with this one. I actually love this picture of her - just don't particularly care for the background! Oh, well...

Hannah now sits up all on her own and talks, talks, talks nonstop (hmmmm....wonder where she got that from???). She adores her brothers and cannot get enough of them. I believe if she would stay on her tummy for any period of time (she hates it), she would be crawling. She can get up on all fours and she scoots around in circles and scoots backwards. She is starting to inch forward - army style - also. Wow - not too sure I really want her mobile just yet!!

She is a very happy baby. She loves to smile at people, be held, and she loves to giggle. She is so much fun and adds so much joy to our family!

Hannah is now on Prevacid and is on a slightly higher dose right now to help her, but will go back down to regular dose next week. We have also put her crib mattress at a 30 degree incline. This seems to be helping a bit in the beginning of the night and she if finally sleeping a tad better. She now goes down for the night around 8:00 - 8:30 and stays there until about 12:30 - 1. Then she's up every two hours, but I'm happy she has one longer stretch. She absolutely refuses to take a nap during the day still. I wish she would sleep just a little more.

Her weight gain is still slow. She was weighed again on Monday and she weighed 12 pounds, 5 ounces. So she gained five ounces in a month. She seems like she gained much more than that, but she didn't. Dr. B said that she needed to weigh 13 1/2 pounds to be at the 3rd percentile and she is nowhere near that. I am supposed to take her in again in two weeks for another weight check and then I guess we go from there...I don't really know. With her labs all being well within normal ranges and doing well developmentally, I honestly am not at all concerned. She is petite and I really think she's just going to remain tiny. Some children just simply are smaller.

Hannah and I are going away this weekend for the whole weekend. We are going to Women of Faith. I am so excited!! I haven't been since I was pregnant with the triplets and it will be so nice for a break from everything at home. Please keep Steve in prayer for a smooth weekend - poor guy even has to brave church alone on Sunday! He will do great - he is an awesome dad and already spends a lot of time with them alone. I just know that by 5 (and sometimes sooner!), I am soooo ready for a break I cannot wait for him to get home. I am so thankful he recognizes how much I need this time to "recharge" and that he is willing and brave enough to do this for me!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't time just fly by? Here she is already past 7 months and it seems like only yesterday she was brought into our world. Shes a beautiful baby girl. Love to all Dad & grandpa