Saturday, August 23, 2008

Kutless - Round 2

Tonight we took the middle school youth group to see Kutless and Brad Stine (a comedian). It was a free concert, Steve and I love Kutless, so we figured why not? It was so much fun! We ended up with only six kids going, but that was OK. We left Aidan, Nathanial, Ethan, and Noah home with a sitter because we promised Austin he could go alone. Otherwise, we would have taken Aidan, also.

I was really excited to get to see them again, and for free! We got there an hour and a half early and it was already crowded. The comedian was hilarious and Steve and I really enjoyed him. I'm not sure the kids really liked him....they pretty much wandered and/or texted during him. When Kutless started, almost all of the kids disappeared. I wasn't sure where they went, but they ended up going way up front, so they could be right there. It was encouraging to see that they loved it. I think it's a great thing for kids to know that a Christian rock band can be as good and as fun as a "mainstream" rock band. And they did! I got lots of pictures, but they didn't turn out the greatest. I will upload them to our dropshots page.

No comments: