Noah started the sickies in the house last week. I took him in on Friday because he was just miserable. High temp, nasty cough, runny nose - the works. And with him, I always worry about RSV. Dr. B didn't think he had RSV, ran a strep test (negative), and we were sent home to do fever management and see if he got better. If he didn't get better by Monday, we were supposed to take him back in. His fever was down a touch on Monday, so Steve opted to wait until Tuesday. He's gradually gotten better and now seems to be back almost 100%. The biggest sign he was sick? He likes me...he cuddled with me, he loved on me, he wanted me. Pretty good indication he wasn't well. It was nice and he's still actually cuddly with me.
Enter Ethan. Tuesday night, he starts with the nasties. I decided since nothing was different, I wasn't going to take him in. Then, yesterday, his nose had the green nasties. Not cool. Biggest sign he was sick? He was being good.
And now, Hannah. Wednesday, she didn't seem to be doing very well. Then she spiked a fever and was just miserable. Same symptoms, except her nose is clear. She just sleeps and sleeps and isn't nursing well at all.
So, I took them in yesterday. I figured Ethan probably had a sinus infection with the greenies and all and Hannah I was again concerned about RSV. Ethan more than likely has a sinus infection, but we are seeing if his body will fight it on it's own without the introduction of antibiotics. I have a prescription on hold at the pharmacy that I can fill if I need to, but I don't think I will need it.
Hannah has all the symptoms of RSV, so she ran the test. It came back negative. Today Hannah is even worse than she has been - except she has a pretty low grade fever, not real high. But she's wheezing, having massive coughing spells, can't nurse because she can't breath, her nose is so runny - she's just miserable. I feel horrible because there is nothing I can do for her. I keep doing the Tylenol/Motrin thing and she is slathered with Vick's Baby Rub, but she's still very uncomfortable. I guess as long as the test was negative, I'll wait until Monday to call again - but that's rough because I want more than anything to take her in again today.
Nathanial is now also starting to show symptoms - he has a little cough and clear runny nose, plus a low grade fever. Ahh, the joys of having lots of kids!
Please pray everyone gets better, quickly!