Wednesday, April 9, 2008

In Awe

Life with triplets has become such a "normal" thing for us, that sometimes I just stop and look at them all and am in absolute awe of everything and the turn our lives took almost two years ago. It is still amazing to me that my body carried them pretty much to term, they had no hospital stay, and are so healthy and happy today. Watching three "toddlers," as I guess they now are, grow is awesome. They interact with each other so well and usually play well together. They are so much their own little individuals. When I look at them and it hits me "They're triplets, and not everyone has triplets," is about the only time that I really think of the fact that they are triplets. I am in awe that God has given Steve and I this opportunity and felt that we were worthy and up to the task of raising these three special boys...and ultimately all five of them. Plus one more to come! Amazing...

The other thing that still leaves me in a state of awe several times daily is watching them walk. Ethan and Nathanial have been walking for a while now, but that doesn't mean I'm used to it. They are so cute to watch them toddling through the house....and lately running! I love watching them trying to catch themselves when they start to fall. Ethan has figured out how to walk backwards (it came from trying to catch himself from falling) and will now walk backwards several steps until he backs himself up to you, then lowers himself onto your lap. Noah is still content to crawl everywhere, and I'll give it to him, he is fast. Steve has been trying to get him to walk and he gets so mad at Daddy for making him! Yesterday, he walked from the mudroom to the living room just holding my one hand. I know he can do it and he will do it on his terms. It is amazing to watch how much they have learned in such a short amount of time!

Life with triplets, and five boys, is a humbling experience. I feel so incredibly blessed that I have been given each of these children to care for for the next 18-20 years and to love forever. They have blessed my life more than I could have ever imagined in my wildest dreams. I pray that I can raise them all to reach their full potential and to have a love for their Savior.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God has blessed us all! I, too am amazed every day.

Love to all,
Mom/Grandma