Thursday, December 27, 2007

Daddy's Birthday

Today is Steve's birthday. He requested that I make the turkey breast that we have had for a little bit, so I made my very first turkey. I am very proud of myself...it turned out excellent! I also made homemade rolls, green bean casserole, homemade stuffing (I usually make Stovetop), cranberry raspberry salad, and mashed potatoes and gravy. I tried to find a good recipe for the turkey breast and I stumbled upon one on Allrecipes. I love that site! For dessert, Aidan and I made a strawberry pretzel "salad" (he got cake on Christmas). It has a layer of pretzels, cheese cake type layer, and then a strawberry jello layer. The pretzels turned nutty tasting and it was really good, too.

As we were making the dessert, Aidan asked me how old Daddy was. I told him he was 41 and Aidan got a very upset look on his face and asked me if we had to get a new Daddy now. If he wasn't so upset, I would have laughed right there, but he was very serious and really thought we would have to trade Steve in for a "newer model." No thanks...I think I'll stick with the Daddy we have. He's pretty good. Steve and I got a good laugh over it after the kids were in bed.

"The boys" bought Daddy a VCR/DVD combo and an I Love Lucy boxset. He was thrilled with it; as well he should be considering he picked it all out and ordered it all! Just once I'd like to be able to buy him something he didn't expect...

No comments: