Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Still sick...

I am still sick so I am not doing the Making Your Home a Haven challenge today or yesterday. I wish I felt better, but I feel like I have been run over by a truck. It started yesterday with a somewhat stuffy head, little cough, and an earache. Today, my whole head is about to explode and my sinus's are just miserable.

Steve keeps reminding me that I never get sick. And he's right...I usually don't. I always say it's because I eat boatloads of garlic in a normal day. I love garlic...I will get it into my body in whatever way I can, normally. But the last week, I haven't had much, and boom! I'm feeling icky. A little more that coincidence, wouldn't you say??? Yeah, I know...probably not considering the season we are in.

We also got at least six inches of snow today and I asked Austin to go out to shovel for me. You would have thought I asked him to go out back and dig up the dead dog that's been under the oak tree for the last four years. So, I gave him "options." I told him he either went out to shovel or he sat inside with Aidan, Nathanial, Ethan, and Noah while I shoveled...even though I'm terribly ill (what's wrong with a little guilt once in a while??). He chose to stay in. I guess it's my own fault for giving him options. It's times like this when you wonder why that big yard with a long driveway was worth it. What's really wrong with just a tiny yard, little sidewalk and no driveway? I'm starting to see the benefits. So I got it done, then promptly got in trouble by Steve for not waiting until he got home.

And now, I'm going to bed to hopefully sleep this thing off....

No comments: