Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Making Your Home a Haven - Day Three

Refresh Your Spirit (5 minutes)
If you have a chance, I encourage you to think of three things you are thankful for. Write them down and express gratitude to the Lord. Focus on the blessings in your life, not on the things you wish you could change.

Do I really need to admit that I didn't read anything again today? But, at least I did do the next part.

There are so many things that I am grateful for, but these are the three that I am most grateful for today:

1. Steve
Having a husband who is loving and Godly is a huge blessing in my life and I am so thankful to God for bringing him into my life. I cannot imagine a day without him. I still get excited and look forward to him coming home every night (and no, not just to help out with the kids, but because I want to be with him). We are very comfortable in our lives and I feel like I truly have a partner in this marriage and neither one of us is doing all the work. We both equally share the load and I am so grateful! His sense of humor can really help to lighten my stress and he knows just when to use it!

2. My boys
I am so thankful for God's blessing me with each of my children. Austin is such a blessing in so many ways everyday, even though we have many challenges. I believe those very challenges are what make our relationship stronger. Aidan is such an enrichment in my life and brings such joy and humor to it, even when he is being strong willed and ornery. Nathanial is such a peaceful little man and makes you feel peace every time you hold him, even when I have to chase him down. Ethan is so sweet and so funny to watch, even when he's stealing all his brothers' toys. Noah is so loving and cuddly, even when he's needy and whiny.

3. My Bible Study Group
I have needed to get out of the house for so long now and just spend time with other women, without children and discussing and challenging my faith. This prayer was recently answered with the start of a new Bible study group with women I know. Thank you Kasey for inviting me and thank you Deb and Taunya for starting this!!


Take Time to Plan (5 minutes)
In addition to writing out a short to-do list numbered in order of importance today like we did yesterday, I encourage you to plan what you are having for dinner. Make it your aim to have dinner completely made or almost completely made by lunch time. This will make for a much more peaceful afternoon and evening.

To Do List:
Clean:

Living Room (done)
Dining Room (done)
Kitchen (done)
Bathrooms (done)
Our Room (not done)
Babies' Room (not done)
Playroom (not near done!)

Since I knew I would be cleaning all day and I knew I wasn't going to be in the mood for making supper, tonight's dinner was Casey's pizza. And, it was free! I had enough coupons to have our free pizza!!

Do Something! (15 minutes or so)
Today we're going to focus on the laundry and laundry room. Your goal by the end of today is to have all of your laundry finished, folded, and put away.For those of you with a laundry room or laundry area, take some time to organize and clean up this area. Wipe down your washer and dryer, check for socks and other articles of clothing behind and on the sides of your washer and dryer, and clean out your dryer lint.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha....THAT is hilarious!! Right, well, I think not. First, 15 minutes would not get near what needs to be done in that room. And after everything else I did today, the laundry room was the last room that I had time for. So, on to tomorrow's list, I guess. I hate putting stuff off, but I really don't have a choice with this one!

No comments: