Thursday, December 6, 2007

Making Your Home a Haven - Day Four

Today's Challenge (Let's hope I do a better job of accomplishing this today!)

Refresh Your Spirit (5 minutes)

I encourage you to pick a special verse to meditate on today while you're going about your homemaking tasks and write it down on an index card and put it in a central location as a reminder.

Today I read my verses for Bible study tonight. When I was finished with that, I was flipping to Psalms and my Bible fell open to Proverbs. The very first verse that popped out at me was "A wise woman builds her home, but a foolish woman tears it down with her own hands." (Proverbs 14:1) This spoke volumes to my soul today. I don't literally tear down my home, but I certainly don't do a very good job of building it up most days. Our home itself and everyone in it. I can be short with Austin and Aidan, not spend enough time with either of them, short with Steve, and I can just plain not feel like cleaning that day, so it doesn't get done. If I don't consciously think about dinner, it's usually spaghetti because that's easy. I am trying very hard to change this part of my life and be more conscientious about my daily living and make our home peaceful, presentable, and a happy place to come home to. I want everyone to feel welcome here, and most days I don't feel that it is very welcoming.

A verse to meditate on today for myself is:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13


Take Time to Plan (5 minutes)
In addition to writing out a short to-do list numbered in order of importance today like we did the past few days and thinking ahead to what you'll have for dinner tonight, take a moment to plan some special way to bless your family this weekend. Maybe it will be something like breakfast in bed for your children, or a treat for your husband, or a special family activity. Think of something out-of-the-ordinary which will show your love practically to your family.

To Do List:
Pick up all the toys. (Done)
Spend time alone with Aidan when the babies take their nap. (Done)
Help Austin with whatever he needs when he gets home.

For Supper:
Turkey, mashed potatoes, and broccoli.


I actually get a good one for this weekend, because we already planned it. I am not going to clean at all this weekend, and neither is Steve. We are going to go get our Christmas tree and cut it down. Then we will decorate the house. We are taking Austin and Aidan to see Bee Movie, also, this weekend.I also have been meaning to write a letter to Austin for a long time now, and I am going to do that this weekend.

No comments: