Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday and I am just really not into birthdays anymore. It isn't all that exciting for me, but it still is for the kids.

Aidan woke up and came in and told me "Happy Birthday," which was very sweet because he wasn't reminded to do it or told to do it. Then he kept asking when Grandma and Grandpa were coming....because if it's your birthday that means everyone is coming to your party! When it came time to go to school, he got himself all in a tizzy. He was so upset because he didn't want to "miss" my birthday. I think he was still convinced that I was supposed to have a party. I assured him we wouldn't do anything until Daddy got home.

Austin didn't really acknowledge my birthday, but I didn't figure he would.

My father in law had called earlier in the week and instructed Steve and I to get a cake and what to put on it. It was so nice to get a cake that I didn't make or order and didn't dictate what it would say.
We did have my "party" when Daddy got home, which I think Aidan was disappointed in. We had supper (roast, so I didn't have to cook much!), then had my cake and opened my presents. Even though it wasn't exciting for Aidan, it was a nice evening.

No comments: