Thursday, January 24, 2008

No More Bottles!!

Yay! I can officially say that we are no longer taking any bottles! It has been a week and Nathanial, Ethan, and Noah haven't had one.

I forgot to inform Steve I was removing bottles from their diet, so two days after they had had no bottles, they got one. I had to take Austin to a doctor's appointment and we didn't get back until after bedtime. I asked Steve what they ate and he said "Nothing, I just gave them a bottle." Ahhhh!!! I thought my plan was foiled, but it turns out they were OK with it. They haven't had one since that night. They are still sitting on my counter, but I am now ready to get rid of them.

Their new routine is to get up and have Cheerios and fruit with a cup of formula; lunch with formula; snack at 4 with formula; and supper at 6 with formula. It's working fantastic and will hopefully make the transition to milk a little smoother. I would like them to be done with the formula on their first birthday, but they don't go in for their one year appointment until the next Friday. I'll talk to him about it then. We have enough formula left over to last until the end of February, so if they stay on it longer, that's fine, too.

I just cannot believe almost an entire year has passed already with them and that they gave up bottles so easily!

No comments: